Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So, the psych major is going to do some psychology

So, The doc( okay several years from now the doc is in) is in.  I have always been told that writing is therapeutic. Well phuah! I say a stiff drink prop your feet up and tell Dr. Morris all about it.  
So who do I go to vent, yell or otherwise feel like I want to bash.  Here I guess.  


I have been in therapy for 2 years now and I feel differently but I see myself psychoanalyzing everything (part of my job).  Last year the therapist says you have PTSD I responded with I have what, my thoughts went to by best friend who served our country during the Vietnam War, now that was PTSD!  How can I have PTSD?  And she began the defining of PTSD.  


Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is an anxiety problem that develops in some people after extremely traumatic events, such as combat, crime, an accident or natural disaster (APA, 2011).  What trauma have I had, oh gee lets see... my dad dying, my mother becoming the biggest alcoholic, my marriage falling apart, my x leaving me for a 12 year old. Guess so.  And the journey begins.  These next few blogs may help me close chapters and finish books that need to be closed.


My son will be talked about, my mother will be discussed, Dad will be honored, and my life will begin a new book titled approperetly, the doctor is in.  


Enjoy, read, comment and reflect.  Life is a journey and as an old friend once said its all about how you live your life because no one promises you tomorrow.  Live as if you were dying. ~ Tim McGraw.

No comments:

Post a Comment